St. Thomas More Hospital (STM), an affiliate hospital with Centura Health, opened a new 32,000 sq. ft. multi-specialty medical office building on its hospital campus. STM has partnered with Boldt and Centura Health and expects the new medical office building to increase access to healthcare services and overall patient experience for the Fremont County community. This facility is anticipated to enrich the Colorado Health Neighborhood concept that Centura has strategically developed. It will provide a local, centralized location for the STM’s physicians, who are currently spread out in various locations as well.
- The hospital campus is landlocked with limited parking.
- The project needed to be completed on a fast-track with a lean design.
- STM physicians and care were spaced out among community.
- Boldt was able to acquire three parcels from private owners adjacent to the campus that allowed for new required parking.
- To help with the lean design, Boldt led an effort to program and plan the facility in a clinical pod setup. The clinical pod allowed STM to reduce about 40 percent of the space initially estimated and saved significant annual rental payments due under the space lease as a result.
- Boldt right sized the building to STM’s revenue and planned it for future expansion as the demand for physicians continues to grow.