Boldt has teamed with Valley Health System (Valley) to bring The Valley Center for Health and Wellness in Mahwah, New Jersey. Valley Health System has aspired to have The Valley Center for Health and Wellness in northern New Jersey that services the full continuum of care for a number of years. This facility will help keep patients well, healthcare expenses low and strategically position Valley for population health management. Boldt was chosen as the development partner and is at-risk for delivering the building, securing entitlements, financing and assisting Valley in forecasting the project’s profitability from Valley’s point of view. Boldt is an integral piece to making the project a success.
The Valley Center for Health and Wellness will be a 75,960-sq.-ft. building that will feature a variety of amenities including a Medical Fitness space that will contain a fitness floor, gymnasium, aquatics area, running track, free weights and group exercise rooms. The remaining space will include the following services: diagnostics/lab, physical therapy including a warm water therapy pool, cardiac rehab, occupational therapy, sports institute, urgent care/physician offices, community health, retail pharmacy, retail food, child care services for patients and conference space.
- Limited developable land available in the target market that complies with zoning regulations.
- Environmental issues that affected the area of the property.
- Valley has limited off-campus experience, which made revenue estimates and sizing a challenge.
- Boldt searched through the municipality and surrounding communities to find a parcel that would hold the program and still be zoned “of-right.”
- Boldt identified these environmental issues, determined what the overall impact was on the site and ultimately worked with the architects to design a cost-effective, efficient facility that serves the needs of the health system and remains within the constraints of the parcel.
- Boldt led the effort to size the facility by matching the services line revenue with overall facility cost/size.