Other Sustainable Projects
- The Aldo Leopold Foundation - Baraboo, WI
- Lawrence University - Appleton, WI
- The Boldt Company - Oklahoma City, OK
- St. Olaf College Interdisciplinary Complex - Northfield, MN
- Encircle Health - Appleton, WI
Other Education Projects
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, WI
- St. Olaf College - Northfield , MN
- University of Oklahoma - Oklahoma City, OK
- Aurora University - Aurora, IL
- Broken Arrow Public Schools - Broken Arrow, OK
Other General Contracting Projects
Owner:University of Minnesota
Architect:SJA (Architect of Record); Perkins+Will (Design)
Boldt Role:General Contractor
Key Points:This project is LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) NC Gold Certified.
University of Minnesota
Labovitz School of Business And Economics
A major focus of the University of Minnesota is on contributing knowledge and innovations to a healthier, sustainable world. So when the university chose a general contractor for its school of business and economics, it wanted a team with experience incorporating the latest in sustainable and energy-saving features.
Boldt worked with SJA architects and Perkins+Will designers to construct a 65,000 sq. ft., three-story facility from recycled, locally produced and rapidly renewable materials.
Made from precast concrete, recycled steel and FSC-certified wood, the building incorporates highly efficient air-handling, electrical and telecommunications systems. Increased insulation, low-emissive glass and occupancy sensors save energy inside, while surface storm water management uses sand and native plants to filter water outside.
The new LEED® NC Gold Certified facility provides space for classrooms, offices, labs, a lecture hall, and gathering and study areas. Green materials were used throughout the interior, such as bamboo and biodegradable flooring and Green Guard Certified carpet tiles and furniture.