- Contractors chosen for conversion of UW coal plant
- Wind farm towers take local turn: Manitowoc firm will build 90 steel structures for We Energies Columbia County project
- Wind farm construction to start soon | Up to 90 turbines planned for project
- Citizen soldiers say 'thanks' to Fox Cities employers who allow them to serve Department of Defense presents Patriot Awards to businesses
- Top Projects Events Shows Off Best of the Best
- Land gift from The Boldt Co. means new entry for Appleton Art Center
- Lawrence University's Warch Campus Center gains Wisconsin Builder Magazine Construction Award
- The Boldt Co. to build We Energies' new 50-megawatt biomass cogeneration plant at Domtar Corp. paper mill in Rothschild: Appleton firm extends green
- Boldt Construction gearing up For Earth Hour
- The Boldt Co. to build We Energies' new 50-megawatt biomass plant
- Lawrence University professor Janet Anthony, students will travel from Appleton to Haiti to deliver relief supplies
- Meet Inc. Innovator Juanita Frankfurth
- New North Inc. capitalizes on emerging alternative energy industry in Northeastern Wisconsin
- Wisconsin firms to start work on We Energies wind farm
Release Date: July 2, 2010
The Boldt Co. gets biomass contract
The Boldt Co. of Appleton, Wis., announced recently that it will provide all construction services for We Energies to build a 50 megawatt biomass cogeneration plant at the Domtar Paper Mill in Rothschild, Wis.
The project is valued at $255 million and is currently being considered for approval by the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin. If approved by the end of the year, We Energies would begin construction in spring 2011.
The new state-of-the-art facility is designed to use forest residue, clean wood waste and wood shavings to generate electricity and steam. We Energies is proposing the project as a step towards complying with the state mandates that 10 percent of Wisconsin's electricity must come from renewable sources by 2015.